Migration Dojo 1.6 to the latest release

Is there a complete documentation for migrate my application from Dojo 1.6 to the latest release of Dojo 1.14 or something like that?
Do I have to make the migration is several stage from 1.6 to 1.8 and then 1.8 to 1.10 etc…
Thanks for your response

1 Like

1.6 to AMD Dojo is the big shift… from 1.8 forward the changes are intended to be quite small. We did create a conversion tool which is flawed but might help with a good amount of the boilerplate changes that are needed at https://github.com/SitePen/dojo-amd-converter .

Note that obviously Dojo 2 and newer are quite different than the 1.x series, but the idea after 1.8 was to make the changes mostly small, incremental, and additive, so 1.15 should feel pretty similar to 1.10, with just some extra features and fixes.

I have used the link @dylan provided, 3 to 4 years ago, to migrate a huge project from dojo 1.6 to dojo 1.8. You will still need to fix a couple of things after the migration but around 80% is done by the converter.
If your application is not that big though (around 30 files?) then do it manually.

1 Like