Dojo

In dojo4, @dojo/framework/core, is moved out some things?

last night, me tryed dojo4.
In @dojo/framework/core, I can’t find lang, request, and a lot other things。
Is these things moved out?

The short answer is yes, we removed features that ES2015 and/or TypeScript provide already, rather than maintaining proprietary alternatives. See https://github.com/dojo/framework/issues/52 and https://github.com/dojo/framework/pull/53 for the full details.

If you use the migration tool to from from version 3 to 4, it will include a copy of any dependencies that have been removed in case you need to rely on them and/or need time to change the usage of those features to leverage the standards.

If there are features that you feel strongly were a big mistake to remove, please open an issue in @dojo/framework and we can discuss in more detail!

Thanks,
-Dylan

thanks.
I user axios instead of dojo request now。
there is another question。I user “dojo create app”, and then found the typescript version still is 2.6.2。

The minimum for Dojo is TS 2.6, but it works fine with newer versions. You may need to update your dependencies of either your Dojo packages or TS itself.

In dojo4, I can’t build with newer ts version。
In dojo3, ts2.8 is ok.
now , when I use ts 3.0.1:
dojo build -w -s -m dev
⠧ building
/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:80832
for (var _a = 0, _b = sourceFileOrBundle.sourceFiles; _a < _b.length; _a++) {
^
TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of undefined
at emitShebangIfNeeded (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:80832:79)
at Object.writeBundle (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:78834:13)
at printSourceFileOrBundle (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:78694:25)
at emitJsFileOrBundle (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:78631:13)
at emitSourceFileOrBundle (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:78588:13)
at forEachEmittedFile (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:78497:30)
at Object.emitFiles (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:78578:9)
at emitWorker (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:83228:33)
at /home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:83188:66
at runWithCancellationToken (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:83280:24)
at Object.emit (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:83188:20)
at Object.getFileEmitOutput (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:84574:34)
at Object.getEmitOutput (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/typescript/lib/typescript.js:111949:23)
at /home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/ts-loader/dist/after-compile.js:122:38
at Array.forEach ()
at provideDeclarationFilesToWebpack (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/ts-loader/dist/after-compile.js:121:10)
at Compiler. (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/ts-loader/dist/after-compile.js:23:9)
at next (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/tapable/lib/Tapable.js:204:14)
at Compiler. (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/webpack/lib/CachePlugin.js:78:5)
at Compiler.applyPluginsAsyncSeries (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/tapable/lib/Tapable.js:206:13)
at compilation.seal.err (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compiler.js:511:11)
at Compilation.applyPluginsAsyncSeries (/home/xiechj/study/test5/node_modules/tapable/lib/Tapable.js:195:46)

Could you provide more detail in what you’re doing? I’ve just verified that what gets generated by the @dojo/cli tooling is building fine with TS 3.0.1.

environment:
nodejs v8.12.0
debian stretch x86_64 GNU/Linux

what me are doing:
dojo create app -n test4
cd test4
npm install typescript@3.0.1 --save-dev
dojo build -w -s -m dev

Thinks

We found an issue which was causing the build to fail. This should be fixed in https://github.com/dojo/webpack-contrib/pull/85 (which makes TS a dev dependency rather than a dependency)… please try this change out, or wait for the next minor release, and let us know if this resolves this build issue for you. Thanks!

Yes,that‘s works!!!
thanks

use axios instead:
npm install axios --save
import axois from ‘axois’;